Saturday, January 25, 2020

Succumb


Succumb

My thoughts blur as I make a choice I know I shouldn’t.
Foolishness getting the best of me yet again.
There will always be a next time,
A next occasion,
A next moment 
Where I’m presented with two options
And face one decision.
At least, that’s what I tell myself.
So I push past the voice of reason,
Push through the doubt
Push away the angel on my shoulder
In favor of the devil.
I grab whatever it is I hope will fix my broken pieces,
But know deep down will only cause my glass to further shatter.
My desire is satiated,
But my guilty conscious looms.
I tuck it away before it can convince me to change my ways,
And grab more of what will feed my craze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...