Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a picture that was at least 1800x1600 to fit the background and still incorporated something about me - I ended up choosing one of the pictures already on this website.

. . . 

     Hi. I love writing, I love to express myself through writing. But sometimes, I just can't. I can't. It's hard to get the words out, especially if I am talking to someone. It's hard to pin point exactly what I am feeling. I try to get it all out, but sometimes - a lot of the time - it's difficult. Whenever I'm talking to someone about how I feel, I freeze and all I can say is 'I don't know.' Because that's the truth, I don't know how I feel. But that is just part of being a teen: unanswered questions and sucky thoughts.

     My copy of Zoe Sugg's Girl Online arrived in the mail today and I am completely hooked. First, let me just say I am tremendously proud of Zoe and this book is an absolute success! (Zoe's blog) Anyway, I've read almost 100 pages and this novel is so great! The main character, Penny, leads an anonymous blog where she has been creating posts about things going on her life. I've tried diaries, which never work out. I've also previously had 2 blogs (those didn't work out either :/ ). But every time Penny goes to write in her blog, I am inspired. Zoe started off as a blogger and has grown so much.

     I want to be able to express myself. My goal is to become a writer or journalist. I've found that words may just flow out onto the paper and I don't even have to think about it and other times I am sat staring at a blank piece of paper with a bunch of lines glaring at me. That is why I've created this blog: to have a place where my words can flow. That is why it has such a simple name, Writing, because that's what it is. When I have a problem, I want to write it down. When I have a story idea, I want to write it down. When I have something, anything to express, I want to write it down.

    So thank you for reading this - if you've read this far :) And I hope to write again soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I used to write so many diaries when I was younger and I wish I had posted them as a blog so I could hear from others who were feeling the same...just as Penny does!

    All the best with your blog and your writing career! xxx
    http://abispear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...