Wednesday, November 26, 2014

When You Feel Overwhelmed

     Hello, to anyone reading! This blog post, as you can probably tell from the title, is about being overwhelmed. I get this feeling often. It is usually sparked because of school or friend drama :( neither of which are very fun.

     Sometimes I just want to leave the world and enter a whole other universe where I can just think to myself and be alone. Yeah, being alone may not be some people's way of solving problems but for someone who can't talk it out, being in a whole new world is perfect.

     Am I the only one? Does anyone else feel like they just need to get away sometimes? Like you just want to block out any issues or problems and pretend they never happened?

     As I said before, a lot of the time this overwhelmed feeling comes from school. As you grow, school becomes more difficult. You find yourself (at least I do) not having much time to do what you want because of the constant need to balance out homework, projects and studying.

     But I have learned that when I suddenly get this huge wave of overwhelmingness (is that a word?!) I just need to breathe, relax, and leave. Leave the current situation. I'll go to my room and just lay on my bed for a couple minutes - maybe even squeeze in a cheeky 5 minute nap. I think through it all. What do I have to do? What do I need to get done? And then I plan.

     I love to organize things, it's just fun for me to see everything neat and tidy, you know? So creating a quick plan of everything that needs to be accomplished really helps me. Writing down what is due and when, what subjects I have the most homework in, etc. Then I have a physical tool to use.

     And this pertains to not only schoolwork. Taking a break from reality is so helpful when you feel a tidal wave of emotion has engulfed you - wow, nice figurative lingo there.

     Friend drama, a totally different story. Sorry to be flipping the switch on you so quick, I just want to get this in here. I have dealt with many arguments and fights between friends. Sometimes I feel like I want to throw my phone away because I am tired of the drama (I usually text through arguments. I know, I know, real bad communication skills, but I can not talk through it without my mouth becoming mute). I feel like these situations are what help us find our true friends. Maybe I'll make a whole blog post on friends because it is a HUGE and ENDLESS subject. I won't get too much into it in this one.

     That is my small spiel on being overwhelmed and one of the things I like to do when the feeling creeps up on me. Thank you for reading, and I'll talk to you again soon.

*computer hug*

   

     

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog!
    Every word is just amazing!
    I enjoyed reading through your posts.

    I wonder, could you have a look at my blog and let me know what you think?

    sophiealiceinwonderlandxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sophie! your blog is absolutely amazing! you definitely have a way with words x

      ps. to anyone who sees this, go check out this girl's blog! you won't regret it!

      Delete
  2. Ello! I actually literally just gave this exact advice to Sophie like yesterday, so I feel kind of like a broken record- but you should really try taking the Myers-Briggs personality test. You sound so much, SO much, like me, and before I took this test and found out that I am an INFJ- the rarest personality type there is- I felt so alone and so broken. Nobody understood me because there was nobody else like me. But once I found out that it was okay that I felt like that because it was who I was, I immediately started feeling better. And sometimes I run off "to the bathroom" in the middle of school, just so that I can have some space and just b r e a t h e, so I totally understand.

    xx Chloƫ
    passionofthecupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, it's great to hear that you are happy with who you are. I took the test, I am a ISFJ. Sometimes, I run off, too. It's great to just take a breather. Thank you for reading, it means a lot. Your blog is so lovely x

      Delete
  3. Wow, I can totally relate to this. Your blog is really good! Yeah, school work and especially my friends get annoying and sometimes the best thing is just to leave the situation :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good steps and it can be a struggle sometimes. Plus, things will get solved for the good or bad, as long as you are OK with things that may settle.
    When these feelings come, they do show truly that not all the time there has to be work, work, work. I've also learned yo take time to chill.
    So, great plans and you're doing a great thing. It can help in the long run.
    Remember new things always come, it gives different ways to deal with them.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...