Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Autumn is Upon Us!

Hello loves <3

     We are just a few days into autumn and I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! This is past year I have come to LOVE fall a lot more and really appreciate the season. So, because of that, I thought I'd write a post just expressing all of my feelings about the new season.


     First of all, do you say fall or autumn? I love saying autumn, just because it rolls off of the tongue. But I kind of use the two interchangeably.

     So, when I think of autumn I immediately think: maroon & mustard & brown, boots, sweaters, leaves, hot drinks, pumpkins, bonfires, GAH IT'S JUST SO EXCITING!! What do you guys think of when you hear the word autumn (or fall)? Recently I got back into Tumblr and I've just been spending countless minutes on my computer staring at pictures of orange, yellow, red, and brown.


Side note - I didn't believe this at first, but Tumblr IS legitimately a hole. A literal hole. Once you're in YOU CAN"T GET OUT. Follow me on tumblr: harelzivan.tumblr.com

     Fall, overall, is just an aesthetically pleasing season. No matter where you look your eyes are met with a beautiful scenery. Even if it's raining - which, believe me, here it has - there's just this thing in the air that is so cozy and warm (figuratively, I mean, as it is quite chilly). Can anyone relate - it's really hard to explain in a blog post, lol.

     One of my favorite fall activities, that I'm really eager to do soon, is a bonfire. Last year, my closest friends and I gathered a bunch of sticks and sat around the warm flames munching on s'mores and just chatting for an hour or two. It was so much fun and one of my favorite memories of all of us together.


     You know those times when you just sit back for a minute and think, I am so lucky to have these people in my life and share awesome moments like this one right now? That was one of those times and I am dying to do it again.

     Something else that comes along with autumn is HOLIDAYS! Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays, EVER. First of all, food is involved, so um, count me in. Second (and most important), you are spending time with the ones you love, sitting around a table together, appreciating and being thankful for everything in your life; that just makes me really happy.

     Another big one is Halloween! Some people might say that I'm too old for dressing up, but honestly I have nothing to say them except "you do you & I'll do me".  I mean, really, you telling me that I'm too old to put on a costume and go door-to-door getting free candy isn't going to make me change my mind about doing it ... Am I right or am i right? lol.



     Anyway, I love Halloween. My favorite part is either creating my costume - this year I will be making my costume or accessorizing it in some way/doing my own makeup just like I did last year and that was probably one of my favorite things about Halloween that year because I put my own spin on my appearance - or sitting in a big room with my friends, our candy collections spilled out onto the floor, and having a big candy-trade session. I mean, it's not the best Halloween ever if you don't get those vanilla Tootsie rolls your friends don't want ;)

     Finally, the fashion. As I've said in multiple previous posts, fashion is one of the biggest ways I express myself (other than writing). And during fall time there are so many new ways to accessorize and change up your outfits: knee-high socks, oversize jumpers, beanies (OH, HOW I LOVE BEANIES), boots, mittens, scarves, and so much more!!!


     I haven't stopped smiling while writing this, and that only tells you one thing: I'm passionate about what I'm writing about. Autumn is just such a beautiful season; everything about it makes me happy.

     Unfortunately, it has been raining nonstop where I live. Which, really, I don't mind too much but I would like to see a little less rain and a little more dry, chilly, breezy weather. 

     What do you think about autumn? Are you eager for the crisp, fresh air or are you dreading it? 
  

     Hopefully I'll finish everything on this checklist :)

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to get all cosy in my oversized jumpers and sip hot chocolate all day long :)
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that it's autumn! It's the holiday season and I do love a holiday. We don't have thanksgiving but there is Halloween and my birthday(bonfire night) and everything is starting to look Christmassy. Oh it's going to be good. Hope you're fall starts off well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy early birthday!! I hope your fall starts off well, too <3

      Delete
  3. My favourite time of year has started (I love the start of October right up until the end of January) and this post has got me really excited for this season. Love your writing style xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...