Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Beautiful Day

Hello loves <3

     Today school was let out early (we only had to stay for 3 hours!!) and my friends and I had the best day ever!

     Izzy, Caitlin, Erika, and I walked home after school - side note: walking up hills and on grass in heeled boots is quite the workout - and popped into one of the most aesthetic cafés ever! Rush, an Australian (HOW COOL?!) espresso café was recommended to us by Izzy, and just by looking at their menu the night before I was hooked.

     My excitement built up as we entered the doors to find beautiful white, leather couches, industrial metal chairs, and rustic, wooden tables. The whole place was straight from Tumblr, pretty much.


     Erika brought her camera along so we ended up taking...umm...over 900 pictures...in the span of 7 hours...I know, CRAZY.

     Our food was absolutely DELICIOUS! I ordered the "Chicken & Basil Pesto Melt" which was exquisite. Honestly, I couldn't have been more impressed. Plus, they totally got extra points for presentation.

I mean, look at this! 

     Caitlin got the "Sydney Panini," obviously named after Sydney, Australia. A big part of Australian breakfast, I don't know about other meals, is avocado. And Izzy & Cait are BIG avocado fans, so it wasn't a surprise that Cait's sandwich had some yummy avocado in it.

     Izzy also ended up getting the "Chicken & Basil Pesto Melt" and boy, was it yummy!


Can we take a minute to appreciate how photogenic this food is?

     Izzy and I also had these drinks called "Affogatos" - basically espresso topped with ice cream and whipped cream. It was unlike anything I've had before! Izzy went to Europe this past summer and is really into foreign foods and drinks, so I was excited to try all of the things she recommended.


     Anyway after we spent an hour and a half in Rush taking silly candids and munching on amazing foods, we went up to the roof of a parking garage and had a mini photo session.










Just though this picture was super cute and artsy (thanks, Izzy).
     Everyone thought the café was super cute, chill, and relaxed. Not to mention, they had the BEST music playing. We practically knew every song! The fact that the food was Aussie-inspired and unique was awesome and quaint.

     My ultimate inspiration, Troye Sivan, is Australian; it was so cool to get a taste of Australia the only way possible here where I live.

     We went home and did some homework, danced around to all different sorts of music, created inside jokes I know we will remember forever, and spent way too long on Snapchat. I'd like to recognize my friends' amazing photography skills and am so grateful to have all of these pictures I will cherish forever! (I only included 15 here, but that leaves 942 others)

     I had so much fun with these girls and am so lucky to call them my friends. Love you!

     One last thing, Erika & Izzy have YouTube channels! We have all collabed before, I will link those videos here and here. To get to Erika's channel click here! To get to Izzy's channel click here! Be sure to subscribe as they upload awesome content! Izzy will hopefully begin uploading more amazing videos soon :) 

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

6 comments:

  1. Harel, I am in LOVE with this post!! I had so much fun(:
    -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome posts, and great job with you and your friends with the photos. Love it! Glad yiu had a great time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place looks amazing. And those pictures were so lovely, although 900 is quite a lot. Great post x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...