Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Welcome to the New Year

Hello!

 Welcome to my first post of the year 2016! I am so excited to embark on another year of blogging and am so glad you will be joining me!

 I had some ideas of posts I wanted to write this year, and changes I wanted to make to my blog. That is what this post is for. I'm just going to list the different ideas I have in mind, and would love to know what you think in the comment section.

 ***

 As some of you may know, I went to Playlist Live Orlando (a YouTube convention) last year with two of my very best friends! And all three of us will be going again this year. Last year, I documented the adventure with three separate blog posts about my experience - one for each day of the convention. I am definitely going to write those posts again this year for my second year attending Playlist Live. I will probably also film a few videos with my friends about Playlist Live tips and tricks + a survival guide. Leave a comment below if you'd be interested in reading/watching those posts and videos!

 I also want to continue with my high school post series. I say series, but there is currently only one post in it. Basically, I plan to write a post at the beginning of each year of high school (with my anticipations, expectations, predictions, feelings beforehand, etc.) and then one at the end of each year (experience, tips, feelings afterward, etc.). I've already written my first post about freshman year which you can read here, and in 2016 I will also be writing my post-freshman year post and my pre-sophomore year post. Through these posts, not only do I want to document my high school experience, but also help some of you with common issues teens have.

 Another thing I plan to do this year is video-hauls. As of now, I've hit the pause button my YouTube channel (apart from the Playlist videos). But, I still want to do hauls. What I'm thinking is, filming a haul, making it "unlisted", and only putting the link on my blog. I feel like I can express what I want to say in hauls better if I'm talking it out + I can show you the product/clothing item/accessory better if I am holding it up and you are seeing it in video form. What do you think of the video-haul idea?

 As for favorites posts, I may do seasonal favorite posts rather than monthly. That way, I will show you what I have been loving/using nonstop during that specific season. 

 I know Blogmas 2015 just ended, but I thought I'd put this in here because it seems fitting. I do plan to take part in Blogmas 2016. I don't know what will happen in a little less than 12 months, but as of right now that is the plan.

 I also want to start writing more posts about music. Music is one of my biggest passions, and I want to share that passion with all of you. I want to discuss different types of music with you, and introduce each other to new artists and genres. Maybe instead of monthly tangible item favorites, I will do monthly music favorites - kind of like monthly playlists!

 I think I will add the poll feature back onto my blog. I'm not sure where I will put it up yet, but I want this blog to be an interactive space for you all. I will put up a new question (probably) every week and I think it will be a fun way to see everyone's interests, opinions, etc.

 Finally, I might buy a blog template in the future. It will change the appearance of my blog and make it look more professional. I also might screenshot a couple options and ask you guys what you think!

 ***

 Right now, that is what I have planned for 2016. I cannot wait for all of these future posts! Please let me know what you think of my ideas in the comment section and add any idea you have as well!

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

XOXO
Harel

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great new year. I look forward to video hauls and hearing about Playlist Live. I also think it'll be good to see music posts, I enjoy seeing what other people listen to x

    http://artofbeinginvisible.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your year is great as well! Yay, I'm glad to read that - those posts will be coming your way soon!

      Delete
  2. This snowflake code is so cute! I would love to know the code to share with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is the link to where I found it :) http://24work.blogspot.com/2011/12/add-falling-snowflakes-yahoo-smiley.html

      Delete
  3. Happy new year! Your plans for the new year sound amazing, I'm particularly looking forward to your music posts to know more about your music taste. I've also tagged you in a tag that I've created if you're interested in taking part in it :) http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/the-im-trying-and-heres-why-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your tag, Izzy! It was a beautiful post xx

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...