Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello!

 Wow. Today is the final day of the year 2015. This year has gone by unexplainably fast. Although, I feel like there were some moments throughout this year that I thought 2015 couldn't go by any slower, haha.

 I thought I'd do the New Years tradition of listing my resolutions for 2016. These are things that I truly want to change and know that if I make these changes I will be happier with myself, and happier in general.

 So, here are my New Year's resolutions for 2016:

♡ Stop letting other people control me or make my decisions for me
This year, I found myself letting other people influence me in ways I didn't like. Even so, I let them take over. Not in very serious matters, but smaller things. Even so, those smaller things are important to me and I want to be someone who is independent and can think for themselves. In the new year, I am going to take control of my life.

♡ Make more conscious decisions
This kind of goes along with the previous resolution, but I want to make more conscious decisions and become more aware of, well everything. I find myself always getting distracted and not paying attention to things I should be. So, along with making my own decisions, I want them to be smart decisions.

♡ Continue to explore new things
In 2015 I began stepping out of my comfort zone. I actually wrote a blog post on this topic a while ago; you can read it here. Anyway, the joy I got out of doing things I wouldn't normally do was exhilarating and I want to continue feeling that feeling.

♡ Start being more positive and find the light in dark situations
Whenever I have a problem, I go to my mom. And she always seems to have the right answer - no matter what I'm coming to her with. She always looks at the glass half full and sometimes I can't understand how, haha. But I want to do the same - stop focusing on the negative and wasting my energy on things that don't matter, things that already happened. I want to have the mindset of - If there's a choice between looking at the dark or bright side, which there always is, why would you choose dark?

♡ Lastly, enjoy life. I don't think this one needs much explanation. 

 What are your resolutions for the new year? Leave them in a comment below. I hope you have an awesome, bright, and safe new year! Here's to 2016; lets make it a great one!

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you in the New Year!

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and how genuine it is! I'll definitely be back to read more hehe xo
    Ranyel x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...