Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Taking the Time to Appreciate Nature - Blogmas Day 22


Hello love <3

 Yesterday my family and I took a trip to my uncle Omer's kibbutz: Harduf. A kibbutz is a commune, or collective community. It is so much quieter than any other place I've been; so peaceful. In his kibbutz there was an organic market, supermarket, school, restaurant, café, activity center, and beautiful scenery.

 While I was there, I started really appreciating everything around me. Everything was quiet; I could only hear the sounds of birds chirping as I walked up hills and down paths.

 My uncle is a tour guide; he takes people all over Israel (how COOL?!). So, he took us around his community and showed us what the buildings were and told us some facts about the nature around us.

 I've written about being outside/nature before, and I guess I'm having reoccurring thoughts. There is so much beauty around us, and most of it we don't realize is there. That's why, while we were visiting the kibbutz, I noticed just how much we miss while looking down at out phones: beautiful greenery, lively animals and people of different cultures, the sights and sounds of organisms around us...

 I took a few pictures while there and thought I'd share them with you.

The café had its tables numbered on little wood stumps
and I thought all the decor was simple yet original
Me being me, I ordered some tea 
There was a path leading to this big gate and on the other
side was an archway made of branches and leaves - so beautiful
I made some pita bread dough!
We cooked the pitas on a plate called a taboon 
The finished product
The organic market grows their own produce very close to their store!
Beautiful sunsets in Israel
My wonderful sisters & grandma
For some reason, I decided not to look at the camera...

 Next time we visit Israel, I definitely want to visit Harduf again.

 So, this holiday season and new year, take the time to look at, acknowledge, and take in what is around you.

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...