Sunday, December 13, 2015

Happy Hanukkah! - Blogmas Day 13


Hello love <3

 Tonight was the 8th and final night of Hanukkah. To all those who celebrate, I hope you had a blessed and joyous Hanukkah filled with fried food and family :)


 I am so thankful to have and be part of such a wonderful Jewish community where I live. I am also very thankful to be going to Israel in a few days to be "reunited" with my family after almost 3 years!! Although it would have been really cool to spend Hanukkah there, I'm not complaining. I had an awesome time here with my parents, sisters, and friends lighting the candles each night and singing Hanukkah songs.


 The miracle of the oil in the Beit HaMikdash lasting for 8 days amazes me and adds to how much I value my religion and culture.


 Every Sunday when I volunteer at our local Hebrew school it fills my heart up with so much warmth to know that I helped someone learn to read and/or write in another language. That moment when I can sort of see the light go off in their brain, that moment when they "got it," is priceless. 

 I think Hebrew is such a beautiful, unique language and I feel so at home when I'm speaking it.


 Again, Happy Hanukkah to all those who celebrate and Happy Holidays to all those who celebrate other holidays <3

 I'm thinking of writing a "What I Got For Hanukkah" post, what do you think? If I do, it will be up within the next couple days! I'm hoping to write quite a bit on the flights to New York & Israel.

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a good time and I have loved reading all the posts you have written about Hanukkah :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm delighted that you said that & I'm glad you enjoyed x

      Delete
  2. A) Really enjoyed your posts about Hanukkah they have been really interesting, and b) I hope you have an amazing time in Israel Much Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too sweet of you, thank you! I'm happy you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  3. Really great post. And take care for the days. Sounds so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hanukkah, thank you for sharing this post it was so interesting to read. And it's so cool that you speak Hebrew, it sounds amazing xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...