Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November Favorites - Blogmas Day 1

Pretty proud of this Blogmas edit; I used PicMonkey if you were wondering.

Hello, love <3

 It has been absolute ages since I last wrote a favorites post! So, as my first Blogmas 2015 post, I am showing you what I have been using non-stop this past November! Each product (that has a link) will be linked to where you can purchase it if you'd like to! I also used a festive holiday blanket as my photo backdrop, haha. Enjoy :)



Pumpkin Gingerbread Candle (Bath & Body Works)

I asked my sister if she knew of anything I had been using a lot this month and the first thing she said was "candles." I have been LOVING candles the past couple month, but this month I burned them like crazy... 3 at a time crazy. This candle has got to be my favorite, though: Pumpkin Gingerbread by Bath & Body Works. It's the perfect blend of spicy and sweet and makes my room smell like a bakery. Sadly, I believe it has been discontinued/is not being sold this year, so I don't have a link :(




I use this cream after I shave to prevent ashy skin, or on my face when I need a refresher. It's cooling as it is made with mint, and if you're feeling tired or stressed (it is a "stress relief" cream) I'd recommend using this to refresh you and get you focused. I feel very calm once it's on my skin.




Recently I've been using this on my back, but I've also used it on my legs. It's not harsh at all; it's very smooth and soft on your skin (just as the name says!). The scent isn't too overwhelming, yet it's still sweet and kind on your skin. If you have dry skin I'd recommend using this and following up with a lotion.




My awesome friend, Caitlin, lent me this book and I'm nearly finished! I love the style of the book, how it's kind of a conversation between you, Dan, and Phil. I love how it covers a wide range of topics about them - their high school/college life, YouTube stories, going to Japan, fears, etc. I feel like I know a lot more about these two goofballs now and I've really enjoyed their book. Plus, it's super colorful.



YouTube Bookshelf

Partly because I just mentioned two YouTubers and partly because I'm really proud of this, I thought I'd mention my YouTube shelf. This shelf inspires me and makes me smile every time I look at it.



Denim Long-Sleeve Shirt

I found this shirt in the spare wardrobe we have upstairs where my mom has some random clothing items. I've been pairing it with dresses, simple tops and leggings, you name it. It's very versatile - it can be worn buttoned or unbuttoned. Even though it's really simple, I think it adds more to an outfit than a normal denim jacket.



Heeled Brown Boots (Belk)

I got these boots at Belk last year and boy, have I worn them to death. Actually, they're in great shape. But I have worn them A LOT. THEY GO WITH PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING!! Especially with colors like maroon or creme. The heel is super cute and makes me feel tall. Plus, the material is suede-y so they're soft and comfortable. Even though they have a heel I can wear them for hours without my feet aching.



Plaid Scarf (Forever 21)

I searched 5 minutes for a link to this item but I couldn't find one :( It was only $6! Pretty cheap for a staple accessory that can be worn pretty much any time of year. It's quite thin, so even during warm weather you would be comfortable. The colors are quite neutral, so I've been wearing it a lot and with different things. The main outfit I put together around this scarf is a black dress and black boots, so it acts as a pop of color. I love it!




I didn't find the exact product link, but something similar. I found this in the dollar section of the store! It was $3 but that's still a great deal if you ask me. I think it comes in multiple colors, I've seen maroon and grey. I have been drinking out of it nonstop! I included this in my Fall Haul video and I am so glad I bought it! The sweater protects your hand as this mug does get burning hot. Plus I just feel really festive drinking out of it.




To go along with the mug, I have a favorite tea this month! My mom went out and bought around 6 or so flavors and I've tried them over the past couple weeks and this has got to be one of my top favorites. The box says: "A harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint." Sometimes I find it a bit too bitter (that might be because I steep it too long) so I add a pinch of sugar in, but even with out the sugar I like to sip this tea when I need to concentrate and when I just want to relax. Ooh, and I definitely taste the lemon which I love! Fun fact - I'm drinking it as I'm writing this post :)




My previous spot treatment, by the brand Clean and Clear, was an amazing product. I ran out of it a couple weeks ago after using it for several months and before I can get a new one, I decided I'd use this product that I already had lying around. I was a bit skeptical at first because this formula is quite watery as opposed to the paste consistency of Clean and Clear, but it has proved to be just as effective! 




This was a birthday gift last year, but I had a bunch of Bath & Body Works body washes I needed to finish off at the time, so when those were through I turned to this one. Even though it is quite thick, it smells heavenly and feels quite moisturizing; I can really feel it cleaning my skin. Even though it's a mini size, it has lasted a good amount of time and I still have more, as you can see!



Autumn Inspiration Board

Lastly, I created this inspo board as a simple DIY to spice up my room for Autumn, and now that Winter is approaching I wanted to include it in here. Whenever I look at this board I get this cozy, fall feeling. I placed it above the desk where I do homework, so whenever I felt like closing my textbook or putting my pencil down out of anger or annoyance I looked up at it and refocused myself. I think I'm going to keep the bulletin board up but change what's on it for every season!

 I hope you enjoyed reading about my November 2015 favorites/the first day of Blogmas 2015! I will see you tomorrow with a brand new post!

 Also, I added the poll feature to my blog. I'd love it if you took part, I think it's just a fun way to interact with other readers. You can find it on the top right section of my blog. I'm thinking of changing the question every week, what do you think?

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

4 comments:

  1. Really great post and I love the logo. Really great staples and looks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so jealous of your book shelf harel!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...