Friday, December 11, 2015

Favorite Holiday Music - Blogmas Day 11


Hello love <3

 I mentioned music in my Winterlicious Tag, but wanted to go into more detail about what my favorite holiday songs are and why.

 Although I am Jewish and celebrate Hanukkah, there is something about holiday music that just puts a smile on my face. My top 3 favorite holiday songs are Carol of the Bells, Christmas, and Last Christmas.

1. Carol of the Bells

 I'd always loved Carol of the Bells, but didn't know what it was called. I'd search the lyrics on Google trying to figure it out. Results didn't come up because I had the lyrics wrong, lol. But eventually, I found what I was looking for. I found a version of the song played by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It's somewhat dark and loud, but the volume and haunting sound make it all the more fun to listen to. The way the instruments are played builds up a lot of anticipation and (sort of) suspense. Check it out below if you'd like!


2. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Bublé

 I love Michael BublĂ©'s Christmas album so much, haha. His voice is so manly and strong, it makes any song a hit. This one in particular I sing with my friends a lot and it's kind of become our "holiday anthem." Every time I listen to it I want to run out and play in the snow, but sadly we don't have any (lol).


3. Last Christmas by Wham!

 This song holds a special place in my heart because whenever it comes on I think of my family. The first time I remember hearing it my mom was in the living room turning the volume up so it echoed through the house. It has a catchy melody and words that are sad yet really fun to sing your heart out to. Last Christmas will always be my favorite holiday season song, I LOVE IT!


 What is/are your favorite holiday song(s)? Who is your favorite music artist? If you haven't heard any of these songs, I'd love it if you clicked play on one of the videos! You won't regret it, you'll be singing along before you know it.

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. My favourites are definitely Fairytale of New York (The Pogues) and Christmas in Bed (The Lazy Heart Parade).

    *returns computer hug* <3

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't heard either of those! I'll have to have a listen x

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...