Thursday, December 10, 2015

Letting My Mind Wander - Blogmas Day 10



Hello love <3

 Winter is such a glorious season, apart from when you're stuck at home with a stuffy nose and a pile of tissues on your bed. But other than when the common cold decides to make you its next victim, Winter is incredible. When the air starts to become cooler, cleaner, and crisper, you know Winter is approaching. When stores on the streets nearby have lights lining their roofs, you know Winter is approaching. And when you have to whip out that peppermint flavored chapstick because your lips are getting dryer by the second, you know Winter is approaching.

 There's a reason they call it "the most wonderful time of the year." Fairy lights are on outside, Christmas trees are standing tall in shopping centers, and the radio stations have started playing holiday tunes. All of these things and more are enough to make you smile from ear-to-ear (at least, they are for me). 

 This time of year is truly magical, especially when it's snowing. We haven't experienced that beautiful, powdery, fluffy snow for a while where I live. But when we do have that gentle blanket of white that is perfect for sledding, it's the best thing ever - until the snow gets in my pants, then we have a problem.


 Sliding down the massive hill near my house (also known as my neighbor's drive way), gives me such a rush. My cheeks burn when the cold breeze hits them, my throat feels chilled when I intake a sharp breath of Winter air, and my lips stretch wide as I smile and squeal out of both fear and joy.

 Winter is also a time where I can expand my love for fashion. Coats, boots, scarves, beanies, long socks, maroons, browns, mustards - I love it all. I've said this in previous posts, but I can express myself mainly through my writing, and the clothes I wear. Styling new outfits and exploring new clothing pieces is something I love to do - even though, sometimes, when I'm shopping with my mom I don't have the energy to go into the fitting room and try on a bunch of stuff, lol.


 Other than the weather and fashion, Winter comes with some amazing treats: big roast dinners, crispy potatoes, hot vegetable soup, peppermint bark (peppermint everything, actually), s'mores (is that more of an autumn thing?), chocolate coins, apple cider, hot tea, hot chocolate, the list goes on.


 And what about that home-y, cozy feeling the season just embodies as a whole. Winter captivates me in the sense that it can put (pretty much) anyone in a better mood. Whether that's because you are snuggled under the softest blanket in the world watching your favorite movie, chilling with your friends by the fireplace while the warm flames reflect in your eyes, or outside laughing your head off at your dad who's just fallen face first into a pile of snow, this season is pretty much guaranteed to make you smile wide.


 How does nature create such a stunning scenery?

 I hope I didn't bore you with my little spiel about Winter. I decided to just let my mind wander for a bit because I like to see what the result is.

 Winter may not be my favorite season (Summer), but I'm definitely a happy girl when December/January rolls around.

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool post I love how you just let your mind wonder. My favourite bit is when it snows too xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it snows!! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...