Friday, December 4, 2015

The Winterlicious Tag - Blogmas Day 4


Disclaimer: some of the photos in this post are not mine!

Hello, love <3

 Little announcement before I begin this post: Today, December 4, 2015, Troye Sivan's (my inspiration, heart, and soul) debut album Blue Neighbourhood (16 songs!!) is out. My post tomorrow is going to be all about the album and I'm very excited to write about it!

 Today I am taking part in the Winterlicious Tag. I found these questions from a blog post written three years ago, so thank you Proper Sweetie's Beauty. Here is the original post.

 Feel free to complete this tag, too! I hope you have a cozy jumper on and some hot choclate in your hands because things are about to get very wintery up in here:

 1. Favorite winter nail polish?

I wrote a blog post during Blogmas last year titled Favorite Winter Nail Polishes, which you can find here. Those polishes are still some of my favorites, but if I had to pick one it would be Mason by Zoya.


It's a beautiful, deep purple with a hint of sparkle. I featured this polish in my Fall Essentials video, but I think it is fit for both fall and winter because it's dark and very vivid. Plus the sparkle reminds me of twinkly lights which are a big part of the holiday season.

 2. Favorite winter lip product?

This would either have to be my EOS lip balm or this gorgeous lipstick from Maybelline called Born With It. I don't wear many lipsticks or go too crazy with lip products in general, but this color is very subtle and looks great with a warm bronze eyeshadow. And as for the lip balm, my lips tend to go very chapped because of the chilly weather and coconut is one of my favorite scents/flavors.

Coconut milk flavor/scent


 3. Most worn winter clothing piece?

As I said in my November Favorites post, I've worn these boots a lot. But, I also wear my TRXYE jumper quite often now instead of a t-shirt when I go to bed because my house gets quite cold and this sweatshirt is always nice to snuggle up in.


 4. Most worn winter accessory?

Obviously, scarves. I feel like they add so much to an outfit. Infinity scarves are my favorite, and I really want to find a thick, wooly flannel scarf. 

 5. Favorite winter scent/candle?

If I had to choose something other than Pumpkin Gingerbread, which if you haven't heard, I am completely and utterly obsessed with, it would be Vanilla Bean Noel, Cozy Vanilla Cream or Dashing Through the Snow. I recently got this candle from B&BW and I've never owned anything like it. It's quite evergreen-y/forest scented. It's got that fresh tree feel to it. Vanilla Bean Noel and Cozy Vanilla Cream are quite similar, but they are both classic holiday scents and makes me feel warm anytime I smell them.



 6. Favorite winter beverage?

Either some sort of peppermint tea or a hot chocolate topped with a mountain of whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and marshmallows.

This was at Cracker Barrel last year.
This photo is also from last year, Chummy and I went all out!

 7. All time favorite holiday movies?

I don't think this will ever change: Home Alone.


 8. Favorite holiday song?

Christmas carol wise, Carol of the bells. Song wise, Michael BublĂ©'s Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) or Last Christmas by Wham!






 9. Favorite holiday food/treat?

Definitely latkes (traditional potato pancake eaten during Hanukkah) and chocolate coins.

 10. What is your favorite holiday decoration this year? (I changed the word from Christmas to holiday because I celebrate Hanukkah)

This is more of a broad answer, but anytime I see lights hung on trees/bushes and buildings, I can't help but smile. There's something I love about the lights hung everywhere that I just can't explain.


 11. What's at the top of your wish list?

Something I am so thankful for, as my wish has already been granted - tickets to see Troye live!


 12. What are your plans for the holidays this year?

My family & I are visiting New York and Israel!! So exciting!! I hope it snows in NYC when we go :)

 That was the Winterlicious Tag! I tag you ALL to do this tag & come back tomorrow for another Blogmas post!

 Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

6 comments:

  1. omg amazing blog post I love this !!!

    would love some feedback on my new video :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KzN9yfTvo&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12ct3s42qmqg524t04cc5zbar24hdvapkw0k

    jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just watched it, your makeup is beautiful! Lovely & festive :)

      Delete
  2. Love this tag post!
    I've been listening to Troye's album all day on repeat and I absolutely love it <3
    Home Alone has got to be one of my favourite Christmas/holiday movies to watch too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me so happy, I love finding people with common interests!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love EOS lip balms too and I didn't know they had that flavour so I have to try it too. And Home Alone is literally the best Christmas film ever xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...