Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Home

Hello loves <3

     I am almost certain in one of my first posts I shared with you guys that I was born in Israel. If not, here's some information about me. Both my parents were born in Israel and I was as well. I lived there for 3 years and then moved to America for my dad's job and have lived here ever since. 

     I LOVE the United States - absolutely love! But nothing changes the fact that Israel is my home. Some of you may be able to relate: when you move from somewhere you've lived in for a while (yes, three years that I don't remember in detail are not a while, but the place hold so much meaning to me), and then you grow used to your new location, but it still isn't the same.

     As I've grown older and visited Israel, I've come to appreciate it more. The culture, the food, the weather, the attractions, everything! Since I haven't seen all of Israel, it holds a special place in my heart. It's where my family is, where I was born, a country I truly belong in.


     Some of my favorite memories, big and small, were events that took place there. One of the smallest and most important memories to me is going to the little market 30 feet away from my grandma's apartment complex and buying her groceries. Scanning the aisles trying the find the exact items she needed; reading all the labels in Hebrew; surrounded by people of my culture; feeling like I belong. To this day, I long to return and do it again :) That may seem like a tiny, unimportant thing to remember. But, life here is different to there. The closest store to my house has a BUSY intersection right in-between it and me; which isn't the most fun to cross.

     Another amazing memory is parasailing over the ocean. A couple years ago my family and I were staying in a hotel and up in the sky were all these colorful flying things. So my uncle and I went to check them out and I ended up strapped to a parachute for 20 amazing minutes. Flying over the ocean, looking into its crystal blue waters. We even flew over to the hotel and waved to my family sitting by the pool! The man on the parachute had a camera on a stick (the earlier version of a selfie stick, lol) and took a super cool picture of me in the sky.

     Just 2 memories of my whole other life. I cherish them and hold on, hoping that I'll be reunited with the beautiful country once again. My parents are thinking of sending my sister and I by ourselves next summer!! We usually go as a family and we used to go a lot more often :( But this time I'm pretty sure it'll just be the two of us.

     My best friend that I've practically known since birth (I'm a bit more than a month older than her) moved from Israel to California so only my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. live there now. The other day we were Snapchatting and it felt really good to catch up, but it made me miss her terribly. I'm going to write an entire post about that small experience because maybe some of you can kind of relate, I hope :)

     The main reason I wrote this post is because I wanted to stress how important it is to remain close to your home, wherever it may be. So keep those special memories close to your heart. And if you've lived in the same place your entire life, don't just make a decision to leave because you're tired of it. Explore it some more before you go, haha. I want to make an effort to explore where I live currently. Because even though I think I've seen everything...I haven't (that'll be much easier when I'm old enough to get my license!).

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...