Saturday, November 21, 2015

Accepting Failure

Hello, love <3

     It brings me such joy to be able to say, the holiday season is approaching! Last year, I took part in "Blogmas" - posting a blog post every day in December and I am totally going to do it this year as well! If you'd like to read Blogmas from last year, my first post is linked here.

     I will be in New York & Israel (EEP!) over winter break, so I'll have tons of amazing pictures and moments to share! We are spending two days in New York and twelve in Israel which is beyond exciting. What are your plans for break?

     Speaking of holidays, Thanksgiving is in FIVE days! Meaning, my one year blog-iversary is also in FIVE days!! I created this blog when I was very conflicted and confused and didn't really know how to get my thoughts out of my head. One year later and I don't know if writing would be such a big part of my life if it wasn't for this blog.

     I remember writing my first post and picking out my background and font type. But I'll save all that for when I post my One Year Anniversary post :)

***

     Last Sunday I had decided to let go and have fun instead of worrying so much about the studying and assignments I had to do. I spent the day out with my mom; we went to the mall. It was really fun just to spend time together and momentarily forget what was due the next day, you know?

     Then, I got home and sat down to work. I felt as though I had no time to complete what I needed to complete, when in reality it was only about 4:30 in the afternoon. Still, I panicked. I started memorizing my vocabulary words and became really overwhelmed with the amount of work I had to do. Right at the point where I nearly started crying, one of my mom's best friends, whom I talk to on a weekly basis (she "coaches" me and shows me ways to relax and understand the world in a different way) texted me asking if I wanted to talk. If that's not an amazing coincidence I don't know what is.

     So I called her and we ended up not talking about what she had originally planned because I explained to her what I was upset about. Our conversation that day revolved around failure. She brought up a really honest point: in simple terms, you live and you learn.

     You need to fail in order to get better.

     You need to fail in order for you to realize that you need to keep going.

     She had me write a sentence down, a sentence I had to create myself to remind myself of what we had talked about: I take on challenges and know that they are what make me stronger. I'm ready to fail.

     That test I had to study for and that paper I had to plan out were still important things on my mind, but after our chat I took it easy. I took a step back and said, you are going to finish this. You are going to put your best effort forward and the outcome will be what ever it will be.

     A few days later, some of my friends were texting on our group message and were saying how overwhelmed they are and how they won't be able to finish this and that. I told them this:

     "I know we have all had it really tough recently, and I just want y'all to know that, even if you don't believe it, everything will be okay & everything will work itself out. I know homework may not be the only thing you're worried about, but keep in mind, it's just high school. We'll be out of here soon and exploring the world..."

     There was quite a bit more but my point is, focusing on how much you have to do won't get you anywhere. If you know you are not going to finish, accept it. It won't be the end of the world. Granted, if it's something really important, put 100% effort and do what you can. 

     You need to fail in order to get better.

     The word failure might scare some people. To be completely honest, it scares me a little bit. But I know that I have to fail in order to see that it's not the end of the world, but I do need to persevere.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

6 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to all your blogmas posts, it seems like you'll have an amazing time abroad! I love what you said about needing to fail to improve. I think nowadays we get so worried about failing we forget that the important thing is to just try your hardest. You're doing amazingly and thanks for sharing this post, I really needed this right now :) xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can relate, and I'm happy it had that effect on you <3 much love

      Delete
  2. I completely feel how you feel, sometimes I do things with my mom and forget about work too. I'm such a perfectionist, especially in school. I needed to read this so thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a perfectionist, too!! And you're welcome, I'm so happy it helped <3

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your blogmass post !!!! exciting and wow a year !!! amazing gone so quick !!!! keep it up :D


    come say hi
    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...