Friday, April 10, 2015

Persevering & Chasing After Your Dreams

Hello loves <3

     Awhile ago I wrote a post about dreaming big, and I wanted to follow up on that and write about a somewhat related topic, not only chasing after your dreams, but being persistent.

     I've just recently started watching The Fosters (I'm on episode 9 of season 2 in case you were wondering x), on Netflix, and one of the main characters, Brandon, is a pianist. Every time there is a scene of him playing I become mesmerized and just think - I want to be able to do that.

Brandon Foster


     I started playing piano back in 2010 when my parents bought me a keyboard for Hanukkah. The want for a keyboard stemmed from discovering Emily Bear on YouTube. I'm almost positive I saw a clip of her on The Ellen Show playing so beautifully and at a very young age. Again, I got that feeling - if I could do that, that'd be amazing. I played for almost 4 years, and last year I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I was certainly better than when I first started, but I just wasn't enjoying it as much as I wanted to. Thinking about it now, I think I wasn't enjoying it because I wasn't "good". I wish I could tell my past self to KEEP GOING. You're never gonna get anywhere if you don't try and once you try, don't stop there...persevere.

Emily Bear

     So now, I'm thinking about getting back to playing. My keyboard is still in my room, and everyday I look at it with guilt. As if I'm saying, I'm sorry, I should've never stopped. I'm sorry that you have to sit there everyday with out being able to stretch your legs...well, in this case, keys ;). You know?

     The one thing is, I'd like a new environment. I wasn't as comfortable with my teachers/professors as I would've liked. But even if I'm not comfortable with my future instructor at first, I'm not going to let that stop me for pursuing this interest. And who knows what it could grow to be...

     If you play or would like to play a musical instrument, tell me which in the comments! I'd love to chat <3 And if you watch/have watched The Fosters, let me know! Who is your favorite character?

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

p.s. I am listening to the 'Peaceful Piano' playlist on Spotify as I'm writing this. Piano in general is so nice to listen to, and very relaxing. So there's a possible studying trick!

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to play the guitar and I really need to get back to playing the drums (I played for a little bit but felt I wasn't getting anywhere so I gave up and I regret it so much). I hope you're able to get back into playing the piano, it's such a beautiful instrument :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drums?! That is so cool! Let me know if you get back to it ;) I bet you'll be glad you did xx

      Delete
  2. That's true, and hope your practising goes well. Lucky there's tutorials these days, but it's always good to keep or borrow a music book/piano songs book...? Anyway, I'd love to play the 'big violin' looking instrument that they play in orchestras sometimes. So, may you take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Big violin' = double bass, Contrabass. I should have went with my gut thought. Lollz. Take care.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I have song books that I definitely need to get back to! And you definitely should try playing the double bass, sounds amazing! x

      Delete
  3. Glad I got you watching the Fosters! ;)

    You were amazing at piano chums and I can't wait for you to play your heart out again!

    You can do anything if you set your mind to it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right, its important not to give up because you don't think you're good at something. I've tagged you in the "use your and" tag and I hope you enjoy it. You can find out more here: http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/use-your.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me and reading (: I'll definitely post the tag soon <3x

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...