Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Music

Hello loves <3

     I'm writing this while listening to Troye Sivan's She's 22 (I've never heard it before...it's amazing!) and I've been inspired to write a post about music. I've never really talked about my music taste on my blog before, so today is the day I guess! I didn't really want to do the music tag so I'll save that for another time (comment if you'd like to see that). Instead, I'm just gonna write about my "music experience", is what I'll call it.

     I think I really found my love for music the past couple years. I definitely appreciate music more than I used to. Yes, we all (or most of us) sing in the shower and we all have those catchy songs everyone's going on about in our heads. But recently I've found that I've been much more serious about music and gone to it when I feel sad or when I need a reminder of something, whether that's to never give up, stay happy, etc. There's a song for everything.

     My favorite song - of all time - is Hey Soul Sister by Train. It's an old-ish song (2009) and I haven't heard it for ages, but it has been and will remain my favorite song. I don't really listen to Train, but the songs I have heard that have been put out by them have their own unique sound. And that's what I love about music. Each artist has his/her own sound, own voice, own way of expressing themselves even though they're all creating songs.


     I don't listen to many bands, (I want to! Any recommendations?) but Maroon 5 holds a special place in my heart. When I was on vacation in Punta Cana 2 summers ago, my mom or dad had synced all their songs to my phone and there was an entire Maroon 5 album now on my phone, none of the songs being familiar to me. I spent pretty much an entire portion of my time on the beach listening to these songs, and I just fell completely in love with them. I wondered why I'd never heard them before and boy, am I glad that it happened that way. The album is called It Won't Be Soon Before Long. My favorite song off it being Won't Go Home Without You. I wanted to sing it for karaoke on the cruise we went on last summer, but I chickened out :/


     If you're a Maroon 5 fan, do tell me! And comment your favorite Maroon 5 songs! It Won't Be Soon Before Long was released in 2007, and I've found that I love those songs more than current Maroon 5 songs. But I love all of their songs nonetheless.


     As most of you guys probably know, I love Troye Sivan. I have a copy of TRXYE in CD form (signed <3 how cool?!) and I listen to it on Spotify constantly. My favorite songs off the EP are Fun and The Fault In Our Stars MMXIV. Today I played Troye's songs on shuffle while doing work and a couple songs came on that I'd never heard before. They were all part of The June Haverly EP and I thought Troye had done a couple covers of songs by someone by the name June Haverly. Actually, Troye RELEASED AN EP IN 2012 CALLED THE JUNE HAVERLY EP. What?! Sorry if this isn't news to you, haha. But discovering it was amazing.

     There are three songs; my favorite is Make You Love Me. I can't even describe the feeling it gives me when I listen to it.

     Basically, I love that feeling you get when music consumes you. When you tune out everything else and just focus on the words and voice or instrument. Your head starts bobbing without you even knowing and you're in a whole other world. That's what music is to me. Blasting the music through my earbuds just enough so I don't go deaf but you can still hear the music if you're standing next to me ;)

     Share your music experience below! And please share some of your favorite artists/bands/songs/etc.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm massively passionate about music so I loved reading this! You asked for band recommendations- they're a fair bit different to Maroon 5, but I've been absolutely loving Years and Years lately and they're going to be massive! Also, Florence and the Machine are other favourites of mine- particularly their new song <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you liked it <3 And thank you so much for your recommendations! xx I'll definitely give them a listen!

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...