Friday, February 13, 2015

PLAYLIST LIVE! - Day 3

Hello loves <3

     We wake up earlier than yesterday and head out at around 6. Zoë's meet-up is today!! The same process of waiting for security to let us through to the meet-up unrolls itself and we spend some time chatting with our friends <3 I get some tea from Starbuck's, passion tango to be exact, and it is delish!

     They let us through and we get pretty close to the front! We spend quite a bit of time talking to the people around us about how Playlist this year is so much better than last year (we didn't go last year, but we've heard that it was a lot more chaotic :/ ). After around 45 minutes they let us into heaven. We step into the room and are met with circular tables with balloons on top and 7 seats per. We're all smiling in awe, from ear to ear! This isn't some regular meet-up!
   
     We're seated with these amazing, amazing people who we also made friends with! I don't know how to describe them. Three girls, one boy. All of them are so fun and one of a kind. They are hilarious and we get their numbers, twitters, and snapchats! I mean, if that's not friendship, I don't know what is...lol jk. We have a dance party together and sing about beef!

     Someone then comes over and goes, "Zoella is going to sit in this chair, and you are going to be able to chat and take pictures..." (or something like that) and we're sitting here like...AH!

     And then Zoë comes in! She is incredibly stunning and gorgeous and beautiful and oh my god. She explains to us that last year, everyone's favorite part of Playlist was making friends and that's why she sat us at big tables, so we could get to know each other. She starts 4 tables away from us and spends around 7-8 minutes with them. AND THEN SHE REACHES US... I can't believe that actually happened, it doesn't seem real. We go around saying our names, she signs our books, I give her my letter and we take selfies and a group picture. She spends 14 minutes at our table! She is the sweetest person in the world; so down to Earth and thoughtful. I mean, she put a cap on the number of people attending her meet-up so she could spend more time with everyone! Walking out of there is sad, I want to stay! We find out later on that Louise, Jonathan, Emilia, Louis, Jim, and Alfie (I think?) joined her, but that's ok. Her meet-up lasted 7 and a half hours! - such dedication. Zoë you are an inspiring, beautiful individual.



     (I'm adding this in after I've finished this post, but you can see us in Zoë's vlog! So cool!) Playlist is coming to an end, but we have time for a couple of panels. We attend a panel hosted by a couple beauty gurus including Mylifeaseva, MakeupbyMandy24, and CutePolish. They tell stories of the first time a viewer came up to them and Sandi's was funny because her viewer recognized her by her voice as she hadn't shown her face in her channel yet.

     Next, in the same room, is Alfie's Q&A which I get loads of funny footage from. He is such a sweet person, just like in his videos. Plus his laugh will give you warm tingles it's so cute! I love Alfie so much, he is hilarious and so... I don't know... fabulous ;) (Having trouble with description words, lol)

     The final event we attend is a panel Louise is featured in, Haters and Health. The panelists give a lot of good insight on how to "deal with" haters and their personal experiences with doing so. All their comments are so interesting, it is definitely one of my favorite events throughout the entire convention.

     The final round of applause, and then we walk to the car. We go out to a Chinese buffet which is super yummy. I get a make-your-own stir fry and some extra rice, chicken, and veggies. There is a mousse thing as one of the desserts, but honestly it tastes like straight up toothpaste. Not the most appealing ...

***

     Wait, so that's it? Playlist Live 2015 is over? O-V-E-R? Here come the tears. Honestly guys it was an indescribable experience. One that I will cherish forever. The thing is, the whole thing felt like one big video. I wanted to rewind some moments and pause others to freeze them forever, but I couldn't. This was real life, I was actually there. I actually met these people, I actually hugged them, and actually talked to them, and actually got their merch :), and actually got their autograph. Seeing these people, seeing my idols, it felt like I'd already met them; I already knew them. When you've been watching someone through their life - for a long period of time or not - seeing them in person (to me at least) feels like seeing a close friend. And I am so thankful for that close connection. Even though they don't know me, these people mean more than the world to me; more than they will ever know.

     I felt at home at Playlist, and I hope it isn't my last YouTube convention.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

     p.s. Super sorry if I changed tenses throughout, there was  a lot to say <3
     p.p.s. All creators' channels are linked with their name!


12 comments:

  1. I've just sat and read all three posts and it made me so happy! It's amazing how many youtuber's you actually got to meet! I wish i could attend it next year! It's nice how you got to meet new people aswell during all the different meet-up's.
    I love this post (and all the rest of your posts)

    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are too sweet, thank you! Oh my goodness, if you do go next year, please tell me! I definitely want to go again <3

      Delete
  2. Im so happy you posted these, its really nice to see how much of a good time you had. In England the only big YouTube event we have is summer in the city and it would be amazing if it was like playlist. The event looks so well organised and the way Zoe's meet up was organised looked and sounded amazing. Happy you got to meet Zoe and thanks again for sharing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked them! Thank you so, so much <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you had such a wonderful time- I'm made up for you! It looks so much more organised than I've seen in previous years so I'm glad you found the experience so enjoyable <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it definitely was more organized! thank you so much, Vicky! <3

      Delete
  5. It seems like you had the best time ever meeting everyone. I literally cant thank you enough for writing about the experience. These blog posts have kept me sane as I couldn't make it to playlist myself haha xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw girl, that means so much! I'm glad you liked them <3 Thank you so much for reading! x

      Delete
  6. I have loved reading your posts from Playlist! I saw Zoe's vlog and her meet up looked so fun :) So happy that you had an amazing time at Playlist cause you deserved it <3 loved reading these posts :) xxx

    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you loads, Carolyn! I'm super glad you enjoyed them <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous, looks like such a fab day! Loved reading this as well & beautiful pictures! xx

    http://keytomysparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yay that makes me happy :)) Thank you! xx

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...