Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How Are You? - Being True to Your Answer

Hello loves <3

     How many times has someone asked, "how are you?" and you respond with a false statement? You're not good, you're not fine, you're not okay. So why lie about it?

     Usually, this is just instinct. We respond out of routine without another thought. And sometimes, it's totally true. You are happy, you are good! And that's great! But what about the times you aren't?

     Why hide the truth? Why not share all those feelings bottled up inside? The obvious response is that, it's awkward and uncomfortable! "Oh, how are you?" "I'm actually not good. I have some personal stuff going on and I have so many thoughts whizzing around in my brain that I want to explode." Not the most pleasant conversation. And the person asking probably wasn't expecting an answer longer than a word.

     I remember watching one of Ingrid's videos not too long ago where she talked about this and I was inspired to write this.


     I am guilty of not staying true to the real answer, and I want to change that. As I've mentioned previously I don't like talking my feelings out; I get very nervous and my face goes all red and it's one of the worst situations for me. But I want to start...progressing. Of course, if it's a random person or someone you don't feel comfortable giving a whole spiel to, it's not bad to give a one word answer. But, I feel like if it's a family member or close friend, you should tell them.

     What's the point of keeping it all inside?

     My parents ask me often, "how was school?" How do I respond? "Good." I'm starting to hate that word. Good, good, good. No wonder English teachers always say to use something different. it's boring, it's annoying, it's unnecessary. I'm setting a goal, now, to be honest when someone asks how my day was or how I'm doing. And I think you should, too! We need to be more open and share what's going on inside those amazing brains we have.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

8 comments:

  1. This is very inspirational! I honestly think after reading this I'm going to try and be more honest about my answers <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice post. Take care and a lot to think about to encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice post. Take care and a lot to think about to encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This study was different fromPas Cher Replique Montre Omegapast

    research which has shown water consumption Repliche Rolex
    to be an effective part of a weight loss program only when water takes the place of caloric beverages. While

    drinking water has wonderful health benefits,Copie Montre Pas Cher

    France
    it didn’t seem that weight loss was one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...