Monday, February 2, 2015

January Favorites 2015!

Hello loves <3

     As January has come and gone, I've decided to write a January favorites post! My first on this blog, actually!

  • Not very many beauty-ish favorites but as I've mentioned in previous posts, my lips usually get the most chapped during winter so this lip butter is a life saver, and you can get it for really cheap, too! On the right is my beauty blender [please excuse my concealer ... I need to clean the sponge :/] which applies concealer/BB cream/foundation so flawlessly. You wet it under the tap and sponge in your makeup and I like it a lot better than brushes; it's quite soft, too.

  • These two mascaras are the bomb.com. On the left is Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume Hydrofuge (waterproof) mascara. This is the mascara that everyone sees at the cashier at Target, the original, the first of them all (or at least to me it is). But even so, it is so great! It lasts all day and doesn't clump too much. On the right is Maybelline's Mega Plush Volum' mascara. I have it in Brownish/Black as I like brown mascaras a bit more than black. This really lengthens your lashes and isn't too heavy. 



  • Skincare wise, these 3 things are my holy grail products. The Pore Refining cleanser from Neutrogena not only smells really nice, :) but also really does improve my skin. It says it's supposed to visibly minimize pores in about a week and I've certainly noticed a difference. The pink pad is just what I pump the wash on and it's just so much better than using your hands. You can actually feel it working as it has a rough, but not too rough, surface that really gets in there to get all the gunk out ;/ Lastly, Seasource Detox Spa - Body Gelee. My mom gave me this a while ago and I've come back to it this month as my skin hasn't been it's best. It is so refreshing when you put it in and it gets warm as it starts working. It doesn't dry out my skin and can be used anywhere, not just your face which is great!


  • I've burned this candle from Luminessence (Black Cherry) quite a bit recently as it smells heavenly. It has a very warm scent that is just so likable and sweet.
excuse the messy bottle :/

  • I've been very lazy when painting my nails, buuttt this color makes me really happy when I put it on. I've had it in my collection for awhile and every time I put it on I can't stop staring at my nails. Such a gorgeous, deep blue.


  • TV favorite, GOSSIP GIRL! Holy crap guys I love this show so so much! I am watching it on Netflix right now and I'm on season 3 (NO SPOILERS pretty please)! I ship Chuck and Blair so hard ;) I have such a love-hate relationship with some of the characters, it's hilarious. Definitely check it out if you want a show filled with DRAMA, romance, you know the whole shabang.

  • YouTube favorite is ThatcherJoe/Joe Sugg's gaming series, The Last Of Us. He started it in November and the final episode came out a couple days ago. I haven't watched it yet so if you follow along, please, again, no spoilers! The first episode is linked above if you'd like to watch (the first ep. doesn't really feature gaming rather it's introducing the storyline but it is amazing)! The game follows a man on a mission through a zombie-type apocalypse thing, lol. But that's all I'm gonna say as I don't want to spoil anything!! And Joe's narration/comments makes it the best experience! (Okay, I feel like I've used an illegal amount of exclamation points... Oh well!!!!!)
     
     That is it for my first ever monthly favorites post! I had a lot of fun writing this, please leave a comment if you'd like more of these, maybe every month?

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

8 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with Gossip Girl too! I watched the whole series in one week... oops! I Won't spoil it for you but who do you think Gossip Girl is?
    Love this post
    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I have no clue! It could be anyone, lol.

      Delete
  2. Great post- the skincare stuff looks amazing, I might have to try it myself ^.^

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, I read your skincare products post! ALL of those sound amazing and I think I'm in need of a toner, that one sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely blog, you are really talented!
    I have nominated you for the Liebster award (the link is below)
    I really hope you get a chance to do it because they are so lovely to read!



    http://sophiealiceinwonderlandxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...