Thursday, January 29, 2015

Spending Time Outside

Hello loves <3

     Last weekend my friend and I went through the shortcut through the forest in out neighborhood in order to get to the playground. We've always just gone straight forward to the park, and I went through the path to the left before. This time my friend saw that there was a path to the right of us as well. Literally, throughout my (more than) 7 years of living in this neighborhood I have never seen this path! So, being the adventurous people we are, we go for it.

     We go in and there's a beautiful creek with water trickling down a bunch of rocks. Of course, we took some Instagram pictures ;) The little stream of water seemed like it would never end. We kept going and going, crossing over rocks, sinking in mud, slipping on moss, all the way to the end - which was actually someone's backyard that we had to run through :/


     It was so much fun to discover a whole other part of our neighborhood, I really had fun.

     Anyway, the whole point to this post is just to say it's important to go outside! Our generation spends so much time on our computers, our tablets, phones, etc. that sometimes we forget the benefit of getting some sun! You never know what you'll find when you just step outside of your room, for even just 5 minutes!

     Spending that time in the creek and trying to find our way back home, away from technology was so liberating and refreshing - "away from technology" meaning apart from snap chatting, using Google Maps to help us get back home and my phone going off because of twitter ;)


     All I'm saying is, take some time, with a friend/family member or just yourself, and go outside. Take a walk, breathe in the fresh air, explore! Yesterday I spent the day without my phone as I got it taken away :/ and it's amazing how much we get done and how much we miss out on because our eyes are constantly glued to a screen.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...