Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Balancing Schoolwork

Hello loves <3

     We've all had those moments when we realize just how much work we have to get done, and that can get overwhelming. Homework in every subject, a group project your classmates aren't helping you with, a paper you left to the last minute (I hope not)! What ever your situation is, know you're not the only one and I hope I can help.

     A couple years ago I had a "breakdown" and just started crying because I had so much to do and not enough time, or so I thought. I've seen that as I grow these "breakdowns" occur more frequently. Whether it's just hormones or I just worry too much, work can get you panicking.

     You have nothing to worry about. To some, not doing their work isn't a big deal. That isn't the case with me :/ :) and I believe you'll do better in, just life, really if you actually try. But how can you try if you're drowning under the massive ocean that is your textbooks?


     The key? BREATHE.

     To get something or multiple things done, you need to create a plan. Know what you need to do. I suggest writing it down. Maybe you have an agenda or notebook where you write down your current/upcoming assignments. If not, take a piece of notebook paper and write down your subjects and the work that is due and when. I suggest doing the hardest work first. Yeah, I know, it can be agonizing and dreadful, but you'll feel so accomplished once the most difficult thing is complete. I don't know about you, but once I get even the tiniest thing done, I feel a tenth of the weight on my shoulders lift. So imagine how great the feeling will be when that massive job is done, the feeling of accomplishment.

     If you feel like you can't function and are so stressed you want to pull you hair out strand by strand, not to worry! Please don't stress/tire yourself out! Pull away from your desk, and go take a shower, or even better a relaxing bath (and don't hesitate to plop in a cheeky bath bomb while you're at it). When I come back from school, I don't necessarily feel clean, so washing up definitely helps to clear my mind.

     When you get home, don't forget to fuel your brain! Eat some carrot sticks, an apple, maybe some yogurt. Something that will get those gears turning again even through all the wear and tear of the previous hours. Music, if it does't distract you, may also help you get to work - just some tips!

     Now that you're clean, have a fresh mind, are calm and ready to go, it's time to tackle that term paper. Focus, breathe, take breaks if needed, and don't get sucked into the world of procrastination! Imagine your work is a mountain, and each thing you finish is another rock you stepped over. Good luck, I know you can get through it!


     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I've definitely had breakdowns over work and its nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like that xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...