Friday, January 2, 2015

Insecurities & Battling Them

Hello loves <3

     It's 2015! It's January! This is my first post for the new year and I am super excited for what is to come!

     This post is a bit more serious, you could say, than my past posts, as most of them are from Blogmas and have to do with Winter, etc. But I created this blog to share what I have to say and get my thoughts down on paper, an online document in this case, and that is what I'm gonna do.

     So, insecurities. We all have them; we all probably hate them. Whether this insecurity deals with your appearance, your voice, personality, it may be what is keeping you from being yourself, your true self.

     Insecurities, to me, are like bugs. Little bugs that stick to you, trying to pull you down, reminding you of what's "wrong" with you and why you're "different in a bad way." What do I have to say to that? DON'T LET THEM. That's all there is to do. Whip out your bug spray and put those things in their place. "You aren't going to put me in a bad mood. You don't affect me. I am unique and different in my own way, and I love myself because of those things that make me different."


     Of course, there are always those insecurities that you just can't seem to shake off. Maybe the reason for that is because these are things you encounter every day. Going back to the subject of appearance. A lot of my insecurities come from appearance and what others think of me. I look at my friends and people at school and compare myself to them. I try to find bad things about me. I guess that's just a part of growing up. But I've found that writing about it is helping me question WHY THE HECK DO I DO IT? Each one of us is beautiful in our own way, inside and out. No matter our color, size, face, voice, personality, we are beautiful. There's just always that part of us that disagrees.

     What about insecurities regarding career and money? I'm not old enough to have a proper job yet, but there is always that weight on my shoulder that is college. What am I going to study? How will my future turn out? Will I get accepted into a good college? Will I find a job that's right for me? Some would say I don't need to worry right now, but there are others my age already have a college picked out and a major in mind. I've barely begun to discover what courses are offered, what colleges offer what. Right now, I'm thinking I'd like to pursue something to do with writing - that's part of the reason I started this blog: I love to write, which you probably all know by now. But will I be able to chase after my dreams, what ever those dreams are? To that question I say, yes. Yes, you will be able to chase after your dreams, Harel, and all of you, if you don't let INSECURITIES decide your future for you.

     There are millions of other insecurities. Each one of us has that "collection" of them. But it's up to us to decide whether we'll continue to grow that collection or move on to better ourselves. If you have any "tips" or advice for battling insecurities, please feel absolutely free to share them with this community in the comments. If you ever need to talk, feel no burden or discomfort in approaching me. I will tell you I may not give you the best advice, but I'll definitely try! xx

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug* 

6 comments:

  1. Amazing post, well done x

    Loveheartdoodles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you compared insecurities to little pestering bugs, and the advice to get out your bug spray and kill them is humorous yet genius! This is such a good way to look at insecurities and already makes me feel better about mine! lovely, inspiring post! well done x

    sophiealiceinwonderlandxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post and yep, inspiring. Plus, it is sometimes hard to know where you would like to head next, but great you know where and which place you would like to go. Remember, there's a place to help everything, there's many people who will help you with people who will let you down (half/half, experienced myself). However, the best things that can keep us going is to achieve our goals and dreams, step-by-step.
    Good luck with your writing career + blog, you're doing very well. Keep up the good types. Take care, and hope to view more soon.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...