Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Community Menorah Lighting - Blogmas Day 17

Hello loves <3

     Happy second night of Hanukkah! Our lovely community came together for a menorah lighting tonight. It was so fun! There were latkes (aka. potato pancakes) and jelly doughnuts which are both absolutely delicious!


     Here is our Rabbi. He and his wife run the Hebrew school I volunteer at - Chabad Hebrew School. They are a really inspiring couple. They set up community events, dinners, and are able to manage a big bunch of kids every Sunday! Every year they hold a menorah lighting and usually it's in a mall, but this year it was in front of everyone, outside in the light of the moon and stars.

   

     The set up was beautiful and when we all came together, said the prayers, and sang Maoz Tzur, it was heartwarming and filled me with a joy. Is there anything that is heartwarming to you and fills you with joy? Tell me below!

     They also had hot chocolate and hot apple cider, which was amazing! I only tried the cider but people said the hot chocolate wasn't too good as it was 'burnt' and was made of soy milk :/ so I passed.

     Next week starts winter break for me! My friends and I plan to get together and make holiday treats and things so if we do, I'll definitely write a Blogmas post about it! Gabby and Zoe's latest videos (holiday treats) made my mouth water so we definitely need to make those!!

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts about Hanukkah, its really interesting so thank you for sharing you're traditions xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...