Sunday, December 7, 2014

DIY Hot Chocolate Snowman - Blogmas Day 7

Hello loves <3

     Today is going to be my first DIY post! I've made an adorable snowman/hot chocolate 'kit' using mason jars and I'm going to show you how to make one! This is such a cute gift to give to anyone really, or just to have in your kitchen to use when you want to cozy up by the fire with a nice warm chocolatey drink and a book or movie. <3

     *I got this idea from Meredith and Ann Le on YouTube (click on their names to check out their channels!)*

Materials You Will Need:
  • 3 mason jars of your choice (I recommend mini ones) - Michaels $ each
  • Black, orange, and your favorite color felt (I ended up not using the brown) - Michaels $.29 each
  • Hot Chocolate of your choice - Harris Teeter
  • Starlight mints - Walgreens
  • Marshmallows (I went with big ones but I recommend minis if you're using mini mason jars like I did :/ I'll probably switch them out) - Walgreens
  • Peppermint stirrers or candy canes (for arms) - Dollar Tree
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun

Step 1: Fill each jar with either hot cocoa, marshmallows, or peppermints. I used two hot chocolate packets for the middle jar.


Step 2: Hot glue the rims of the bottom two jars to the ones above them. Meaning, put glue on the twisty part of the cap so you can unscrew the jars and still be able to access the cap. I recommend using marshmallows for the top jar because they are white like snow so it'll look more like a snowman's face.

Step 3: Cut out one long strip, two large circles (only one pictured), and two small circles of black felt, one small triangle out of orange felt, and three buttons and two mittens out of the color of your choice.


Step 4: Glue one of the large, black circles to the top jar. Fold the black strip into a roll by making the two ends meet and glue ends together. Glue the roll onto the circle on top of the jar and glue the second large circle on top of the rolled up strip to top off the hat; sorry if that was confusing ;) You'll see in the final picture.

Step 5: Glue the two small, black circles on the side of the top jar to look like eyes and the orange triangle below them to look like a nose. On the middle jar, glue your three circles of choice color to look like buttons.

Step 6: Break one of your peppermint stirrers or candy canes into two equal pieces for arms and glue one to either side of the middle jar. Take your two mittens and glue on each of the sticks.



     Voila! You've got your own super cute hot chocolate snowman! This DIY is super easy, quite quick, and looks so festive either in your kitchen, bedroom, anywhere you put it. (Oh, and is definitely yummy!)

     If any of you make/have made a hot chocolate snowman be sure to send me pictures because I'd love, love, love to see them! Maybe leave a comment with your blog link if you've uploaded a picture to your blog, if you have one. 

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

2 comments:

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...