Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY Santa's Sleigh Treat! - Blogmas Day 22

Hello loves <3

     Another DIY! I have to give creds to my best friend, who I also call Chummy, for this idea as this was one of my gifts from her. So today I'm showing you how to make Santa's sleigh out of chocolates and candy!

like my pj's and socks? ;)
Materials You Will Need:
  • 2 big candy canes
  • Mini santa chocolate
  • Hershey's candy cane chocolate bar, or any full size bar
  • Hershey's peppermint bark bells, or any small chocolates
  • Swiss Miss hot cocoa packet, or any packet of your choice
  • ribbon
  • small plastic bag
  • hot glue or tape

Step 1: Glue or tape hot chocolate packet to chocolate bar. For me, Chummy chose Swiss Miss Caramel Cream Hot Cocoa Mix which sounds so so yummy!

Step 2: Glue or tape both candy canes to the underneath of the chocolate bar


Step 3: Glue or tape - glue works better for this - the santa towards the front of the sleigh, near the curved part of the candy canes.

Step 4: Gather your small chocolates, Chummy used Hershey's Peppermint Bark Bells, which, by the way are delish! And either wrap them in the plastic and tie off with the ribbon, or seal them in the small plastic bag.



Step 5: Glue to the back of the sleigh/hot chocolate packet to look like Santa's sack of presents!

     And you're done! This is one of the cutest things I've ever received and I don't want to take it apart but the caramel hot chocolate sounds super good, not to mention the candy cane Hershey's bar! So, thank you Chummy!



     If you decide to make this, be sure to let me know with a comment with a link to a picture or the link to a blog post if you write one about it!

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love homemade gift ideas because they always seem so much more special - I tend to go for simply buying a present online and then wrapping it when it arrives so it means a lot to me when others go to a lot of trouble with gifts like this! What a brilliant idea your Chummy had :)
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant and so original. Definitely cooler than if you just brought chocolates from a shop xxx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...