Friday, December 19, 2014

Giving and Receiving - Blogmas Day 19

Hello loves <3

     As promised yesterday, I am going to tell you what I got from our class gift exchange to start off today's post! So, about 20 of us participated and we got to pick a number out of a bag and that decided the order we would choose in. It's better to get higher numbers so you can steal other people's gifts, but guess what number I got! ONE. One. I got the number one. Great luck, right?!

     Haha, anyway I didn't let it get to me because who cares?! I picked a box shaped gift wrapped in white paper and a lovely red string. It looked super festive and I really liked it. I opened it up to find a cardboard box which I opened using my mighty strength ;) Guess what was inside... poker chips and cards, lol. I wasn't the happiest girl in the world, but I wasn't gonna make a big deal so I decided I'd give them to my dad :) But, my teacher ended up stealing the cards so I got to pick another gift! In her words, "I looked heartbroken" :/ oops. I chose a smaller one this time and got chocolate coins! Which is perfect for Hanukkah! There was also a bag of wooden crafting letters...? I'm probably gonna use those for some sort of DIY , but I was kind of confused when I saw them, haha.

     Okay that was pretty long, but that is what I got through the gift exchange! Oh! Those chocolate coins I got were white chocolate instead of the traditional milk which was cool, plus the tag said "by Sainsbury's!" Which I was kind of confused by because we don't have Sainsbury's in the U.S., but I thought I'd share that with you guys as I know some of you live in England :)

     Anyway, giving and receiving! Which do you like better? This year I've spent a lot more time on presents than I ever have and I continuously find myself smiling as I'm buying and making gifts and thinking about the reaction the person I'm giving the gift to will have! Have you guys ever experienced that?

     Receiving gifts is so much fun as well, of course! Getting to rip open wrapping paper (that the gift-giver probably spent a lot of their time on, haha) and letting your jaw drop as you realize what an amazing gift you got is the best feeling ever! But I feel like observing that as someone else opens a gift, a gift that you gave them, is even better! Because you are watching someone become happy, you get to keep that feeling of making someone happy, and that becomes a cherished memory.

     In addition to this gift-giving subject, do you guys prefer giving gifts that you've made or bought? I feel like DIY's are categorized as 'gifts from the heart' as they usually take more time and thought. Although, bought gifts also require thought regarding what will match this person and what does this person really want. So both are really great options, in my opinion.

     So which do you guys prefer? Giving or receiving? DIY gifts or bought gifts?

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...